InfoUse is drawing winners at random after each 10 school registrations on PlaneMath. All of these products were kindly donated to our project by the manufacturers or their distributors. Among the prizes we currently have available are:
- "Flight Simulator 98" (Windows) - This is as real as it gets! This flight simulator includes a global database of scenery and airports, pilot-tested flight models, detailed instrument panels, and a fleet of challenging aircraft.
- "xRes" (Macintosh) - A powerful creative tool for high-resolution image editing, texture painting, and compositing.
From Berkeley Systems:
- "outSPOKEN" (Macintosh) - Open up the Macintosh to people who are blind or visually impaired using the Macintosh built-in speech synthesizer.
From Software Publishing Corp.:
- "ASAP Type Click Present" (Windows) - Presentation software. Choose among layouts, designs, and color schemes to present your report on your laptop, full-size monitor, overheads, or slides.
From Abbott Systems:
- "Can Opener" (Macintosh) - Utility software allows emergency access to all your Mac files! Recover data from damaged files, read files your Mac can't open, or search files for missing information.
From Casady & Greene:
- "Let's Keep It Simple Spreadsheet" (Macintosh) - A comprehensive, visual approach to spreadsheets that takes full advantage of drag and drop technology. Plug your numbers into over 50 templates that show you how to easily solve common problems in business, home and education.
- "Glider Pro CD-ROM" (Macintosh) - Fly your paper glider in and out of each of the rooms of an eccentric, architecturally-disastrous, old house. An expanded version of Glider Pro 4.0, with enhanced graphics and even more rooms you can explore.
- "InfoGenie" (Macintosh) - Organize your data to simplify your life. A simple and easy alternative to complicated databases to access the information you need.
- "MathPad" (Macintosh) - Students do math problems on the computer just as they would by hand. An ideal solution for students who have vision problems or difficulty manipulating paper and pencil.
From Claris Corp.:
- "Claris HomePage 2.0" (Windows 95/NT) - Create dynamic web pages in minutes. Automatic programming features do all the complicated HTML work behind the scenes.
- "Manhole" (Mac) - In 1988 you met Mr. Rabbit and a host of his friends in the the world of the manhole. Explore this newly remodeld world of epic wonder and whimsical magic. For children of all ages!
It may interest you to know how our drawings are conducted. We print the names of the PlaneMath registrants who have not yet received a prize on equal sized slips of paper. We then drop them all off our stairway at once. The one "flying" the farthest is a winner.
These teachers have already registered with PlaneMath and were selected in our previous prize drawings:
- Pat Barlow, Tampa Palms Elementary School, Tampa, FL
- Bayle Emlein, Oakland Schools, Assistive Technology, Oakland, CA
- Anita Seybold, S. Ellen Jones Elementary, New Albany, IN
- Nancy Kjar, Watkins Elementary School, Eden Valley, MN
- Laura Gerdes, Highline School District, Burien, WA
- Ralph Bernal, Bernardo Heights Middle School, San Diego, CA
- Marilyn Miller Quinn, Central School, Holton, KS
- Caren C. Snell, Wilson Central School, Ransomville, NY
- 'M'akhoba Morojele, Shule Mandela Academy, East Palo Alto, CA
- Susan Weiss, Solomon Schechter Day School, Newton, MA
- Doug Perkins, Mansfield Middle School, Storrs, CT
- Avis Halberstadt, Severna Park Middle School, Severna Park, MD
- Caren Hill, Yolo County School, Davis, CA
- Nicholas Orlandi, Sullivan Middle School, Rock Hill, SC
- Loretta Jean Everhart, Woodside Elementary School, Glen Burie, MD
- Anita Cody, Giant Steps Conneticut, Fairfield, CT
- Tammy Wise, TA Dugger Junior High School, Elizabethan, TN
If you are a teacher and have not registered yet, click here to register and earn a chance to win these great prizes! After 10 more registrations, we will select another winner!